Wednesday, November 26, 2008

4 Referrals in November!

We weren't expecting referrals until December but they came in November. 4 referrals have been matched so we're another step closer to Mia.

Just when I think I figured out the process, it's different. The wonderful uncertainty of international adoption. Oddly enough, I'm getting used to not knowing and not to be corny, but it's kind of cool that the phone will just ring and there will be a baby for us - kind of like labor.

That said - I'd like to know a ballpark... LOL I've emailed our SW to find out where we are on the list but I would say we're #12 or better. I guess we'll find out next week.

And my heart aches for all those June referral families who were still hoping for December travel. I thought you would go too.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Yipeee, we are closer and closer!!!

I was shocked to see referrals this early........

Nothing like good news on a Holiday!

Kathleen

Mia's Mommy said...

Hi, I just found your blog via blog hopping. I'm not sure which blog I found you on. Anyway, I'd love to chat with you about Thai adoption. I have a Mia, from Vietnam. www.little-miss-mia.blogspot.com She is four now. I can't find an email address for you on your blog. Would you send me an email address? I know NO ONE adopting from Thailand and I'd like to connect. My email address is momtomore@yahoo.com

Melissa

Julie said...

Great news! Hopeing the troubles all settle soon.