5 Down and 7-10 To Go
Wow - when I say it like that, it will be here before we know it. We're all very excited as we read other people's blogs and know that this time next year - it could be us.
In the meantime, I've been unbelievably busy with work but I managed to re-read our Thailand adoption guidebook and decided to check out the flights just for fun...again. One flight was actually 36 hours long with an 11 hour layover in London. Of course, I LOVE to travel so I was thinking, "That's kind of cool! - 3 continents in a day and a half" but we'll most likely go with the much shorter flight of 24 hours!
Next month we get an update on our timing but basically, we're praying for a combination of little girls and little boys every quarter as 4 couples in front of us have requested little girls. That could significantly impact our wait time.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
5 Months Since Dossier
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on 5 months waiting.
I would recommend layovers no longer than 3 to 4 hours. For our Russian adoption, we had a 9 hour layover in Moscow. After a 13 hour flight from Atlanta, 9 hours waiting was a nightmare without sleep. Then, we had to hop on another 8-9 hour flight to Vladivostok (similar I'm assuming from London to Bangkok). Yikes. Please fly as direct as possible. You will be glad that you did!! I'm thinking Korean Air through Seoul or Thai Air from LAX to Bangkok.
My favorite airlines for this trip are Cathay Pacific and Thai. I've had some troubles with Korean in the past. I usually love to travel too and never mind any length or weird schedule but I am worried about doing it with a new toddler so we'll probably try to get a really easy schedule.
BTW - our move does require that we update our homestudy but we've been told that it will not drag the process out at all. We'll see about that.
we are definitely going with a 24 hour flight. If this were a vacation, I would be all about a London layover though.
Post a Comment