Saturday, November 22, 2008

Waiting Sibling Group

I glance at the waiting children occassionally. I don't know why I do this but I do. I'm still banking my travel money so I can't go now and I already fell in love with my child. Mia is probably a couple months old and living with a foster family. We should be in Thailand in 12 months picking her up and that makes me feel great!

For those who are not familiar with adoption terminology - Waiting children are children who may be older healthy children or have minor medical or physical conditions - some correctible.

I blog this in hopes that someone will see them and be able to take on a sibling group.

This adorable sibling group 9 year old girl and 3 year old boy are healthy and were relinguished for adoption from the mother who is financially unable to care for them anymore. Reading that a mom gave up her children due to money after keeping them for almost 10 years is troubling to me. I can't fathom the agony that all 3 of these people faced with that decision. You can see it in the children's faces. I felt like I should pass this along in case you guys don't watch the waiting children photolisting.

http://www.holtintl.org/cgi/photolisting/display.cgi?ID=GB08_77&Index_re=7

Here's a link with details on the waiting child program and FAQs.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for sharing this with others. They are precious. We will pray for their future family!

rosemary said...

Oh gosh, this just kills me! Reading their profile made me tear up. Thanks for passing it along.