Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Lucky Day - Sort Of

When I woke up at 5:00 AM thinking of all the reasons I had to work today I didn't feel so lucky especially since I didn't need to wake up until 6:30. In fact, I was quite disgusted with the reasons I wouldn't be able to take my planned vacation day. None the less, I started my routine after laying there for an hour attempting to sleep.

My routine? When I work from my home office, the primary goal is to get to Starbucks before Chris needs to leave for work so I'm sitting down working by 7:00 with a Latte. Sometimes I make coffee but not often. Today I decided I'd get 3 Venti Skinny Vanilla Lattes 160 calories - one for him and two for me. I know I'll be all jacked up on caffeine but Lattes are a form of comfort food to the coffee addict much like a Hershey Bar is to a chocolate junkie.

As I'm paying for my Lattes, my usual Starbucks chicadee asks me if I want an extra drink. HMMM - three before noon? That would be scary. I'm about to decline but she then tells me it's a Venti White Mocha. OMG - Can you say zillions of calories??? But in a previous life, my drink was Venti Nonfat No-Whip White Mocha which was 350ish calories so I have to have it and take one drink just to take me back...I do and it's like syrup. I can't imagine how I ever drank anything that sweet. Thanks again Jenn to introducing me to my SVL.

So that was a nice break from the dreaded working from home on my vacation day torment as I try not to cuss people for not filling out forms properly. They know their phone numbers and addresses right? SO PUT IT ON THE FORMS. I don't know where you people live - if I did, I'd pay a teen to TP your house right now... LOL just had to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Hi, Chris! I am so laughing at your Starbucks coffee addiction...only because I am right there with you! How on earth did I function without it? However, I have a lot of energy in general so I can only have one venti or I'd be flying off the walls!!
Jen
(PS - I think of you now when I wear my new shoes. My feet hurt so bad after wearing them a few hours that I had to laugh right along with you! Still trying to pretend I am in my 20's when my body and feet are saying, yea...I don't think so!!)

rosemary said...

I love this idea of paying teenagers to TP the houses of people who make our work miserable! ;-)