We made it!!!
It’s hard to believe 22 months ago, we started this process and today we land in Thailand to finish it. We are bringing our girl home.
The flights were...well long. But when I stop and think about 35 hours (our flight plus layover time - terrible SF layover), it didn’t really seem that long. At one point, I was thinking I don’t even know what day it is much less what time AM/PM. We kind of felt like we were on the amazing race without the race part.
We survived the plane food. It was terrible! I really wasn’t expecting much but thought it would be edible. Matt and I shared Mark’s leftovers for one of the meals. Mark had a “child meal” so it was pancakes and sausage. Matt is definitely going to sign up for a child’s meal on the way home. Although, I will say the staff at EVA Airlines were wonderful.
Funny how the exhaustion hits us. I was nodding off at dinner in mid-sentence. LOL I finally had to get up and walk around. Really didn’t want my head to hit my Pad Thai.
So what was our first impression of Bangkok? Thought it would be hotter, the people are the nicest people in the world...seriously. The driving is crazy though - lots of honking, lot of scooters - some with the entire family on it, scooters on sidewalks is fair game so watch out.
Pictures tomorrow maybe. Too tired.
6 comments:
You're in Thailand. Hurray!!! Sorry about the airplane food, but so glad you're there. Get some sleep, you'll need it.
Yay! Glad you made it in spite of the airplane food. : ) I agree Thai people are some of the most gracious in the world - but yeah, watch out for the traffic! Glad to see you had the energy to post and looking forward to more, but mostly just happy knowing you're there and almost have that baby girl in your arms!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Get some rest while you can:)
Thinking of you all! Robbie
That Bangkok traffic is like the world's most hilarious video game, isn't it? So glad you are there! I am humming with excitement for you!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!
You're there! So excited for you!
Post a Comment