Wednesday, December 23, 2009

San Francisco

I did not plan on being a blogger who fell off the face of the planet upon landing in the US. LOL I also planned on sleeping more than I am!!! HAHAHA!!!

Sunday thru Wednesday - we spent the days pounding the pavement of San Francisco trying to adjust to the time change. It is brutal. The 4 of us would have done fine. But Mia is another story. She is up 3-5 hours during the early AM hours - normally from around 1-5 AM which isn't doing much for getting us all adjusted to the time difference. Sometimes the boys were up too. 3 nights Chris or I spent a couple hours in the hotel lobby hoping the other 3 could sleep. One night she slept fine. We've taken it all in stride and just tried to keep her up during the day.

She is doing amazing with us. I can't believe it. She crawls all over the room, emptying suitcases, playing with her toys, getting into stuff, destroying the phone book, etc. Basically, she's acting exactly like any one year old would act in a hotel.

Chris' sister and his brother-in-law drove up from SoCal to meet Mia and spend time with us. We were SO happy to see them. Mia did so well adjusting to them we couldn't believe it. We had a blast with them as usual. It was also great that they helped carry her around! It was sad saying good-bye but I know when we get back together, Mia and the boys won't miss a beat, they'll be jumping right into their arms again.

Mia is showing us her new toy!


Daddy just left the room and she followed him to the door

What a good girl she has been!

Highly recommend the Ergo baby carrier! Saves your back in Bangkok where strollers just can't get around.

Mark was able to meet Jeff Barnes from the Raiders - he was really nice and great with Mark

5 comments:

Melissa Ens said...

Good to hear from you guys!!!!! So glad all is going so well. Can I just tell you that besides the fact that Mia is ADORABLE, she reminds me so much of Timothy! Something about the shape of her face and eyes and lips, makes me think of him - so of course it makes me think she is even cuter! On the sleeping note, I figured out when we got home, that b/c he was still taking 2 naps a day, it seemed for a while like he would just take 3 long naps. One in the evening (then be awake for a few hours) one in the wee morning hours and one in the afternoon. I have no idea how we broke the pattern, but I remember it was PAINFUL while it lasted. I'll be praying she gets it straight soon!

Jessica said...

I had no idea you'd be in SF so long. Shoot, I'd have come to see you! Hope the sleep issues have worked themselves out by now.

Ellie said...

She's absolutely beautiful! It's great to hear that she's adjusting so well! More sleep will certainly be in the not-too-distant future for you! :)

rosemary said...

Fantastic that you stopped in SF and got to enjoy that lovely town too! Hope the sleeping gets better soon!! Mia is just adorable beyond all words.

Maci Miller said...

Wow, she is SUCH a cutie pie! Just adorable. I have that same outfit (the green and brown) for Ruby. We could shop together any ol' time! :-)

Love the sweet shot of you and Mia together! Hope you all get some sleep soon!