Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update on Timeline

Today we received an update from our SW. We are still on track to receive a referral Sept 09. Of course, that can change for better of worse every quarter as more children are matched. It's good to receive an update because I find knowing is better than not knowing.

We are hoping for June 09 as that would mean we have a better chance of traveling in 2009. Times like these I have to remind myself that it's only 3 months difference but 2009 sounds a lot closer than 2010. (Typically, families are traveling 5-7 months after the referral.)

Still - as Chris and I have been talking about this unknown child our entire adult lives, it is very exciting to know we are within one year of seeing a picture and learning her given name and birthday.

The one unknown that drives me crazy is not knowing her age. Will she be 1 or 4 years old? We had hoped by opening the age range, we would be matched sooner. I guess we'll know in 11 1/2 months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, Terri, Matt and Mark,

Thank you so much for posting on our blog! It's so nice to meet families waiting just like us, and with the same agency! This adoption wait has been MUCH different than our Journey to Abby Liz. You are the first we have "cyber met" with Holt. It seems so quiet.
You mentioned an update, we did not get one.....? We will have to give them a call today.
Something is telling me to expect our referral in March 09. I don't know why, I just keep coming back to that.........so maybe you will get yours in June 09 :)!
We'd also like to travel before the end of 09.
Your family is beautiful. Your daughter will be so blessed having such a loving family. Adoption is wonderful and our Abby is proof! She was made for us, no doubt about it!
keep in touch! I love your blog!

Kathleen (Journey to Shaun)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the update. We can't wait - can only imagine how you guys feel! Hey, say hello to Wicks for us this weekend, we'll have to settle for pizza, Cali style. :-(

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you had opened the age range. Yay!! Thanks for the update! I'm very excited. =)

XO and see you Saturday.