Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Twilight Saga

I really struggled once I finished Harry Potter whether I should start another book series. There's a lot of hype over the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer so I decided to buy Book 1 Twlight and see what the fuss what all about. 3 days later I finished the 500+ page book. I guess you could call it a page turner. The book, whose main character is Bella, a junior in high school and relocates to another state, is completely appropriate for teens. Ok - it does have vampires in it - but it's really about falling in love, discovering how fabulous that "new" love and first touch make you feel electric all over and the power of human touch.


I truly enjoyed it. I did not get so absorbed that I wanted to call in sick to work BUT I did dream about the book (same as Harry Potter if you remember) and I am going out today to buy Book 2 New Moon.

I was disturbed that someone published a draft of Book 5 on the internet without permission so Stephenie Meyer's site says she can't finish the Book 5 in her current frame of mind as it would affect the outcome. I'm guessing she'd kill everyone off because she's probably that ticked off that people are so ridiculously selfish as to steal her incomplete work.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi, Thanks for the tip. I loved Harry potter and this sounds like a great read. I will have to see if we have them here in NZ.
Julie