Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Paradise Found

NOW WHO WANTS TO GO WITH US???

We love the beach! When I say we love the beach - I mean we love love love the beach, the weather, the people, the attitude, the sand (ok Chris hates the sand but...). One of these days, we're going to live close to a beach. Until then, I seek them and can't wait for the next beach trip.

As I learn more about the itinerary of our Thailand trip, I would like to stay a little longer than 8-10 days to vacation, relax and play as a new family. So naturally, in one of the most beautiful places there are a lot of beaches.


Check out these pictures which are from http://www.bugbog.com/
Elephant crossing - Apparently, it happens enough to require a sign.




Massages on the beach - Oh yeah - that's what I'm talking about!
Can you just see my boys doing this? And someday - M
This is the clearest water I've ever seen!








Now this beach is Hat Sai Kaew (Diamond Beach - we'll call it, as you aren't taking Thai lessons), Ko Samet which is Bugbog's choice of best in Thailand. It takes a bit to get there - a 3 hour bus ride from Bangkok and 40 minute ferry lands you to Ko Samet. The island doesn't have an airport (obviously, or we'd take a 30 minute flight) and the roads are not overly developed. Bugbog says, "The island, in spite of its years as a top Thailand Beaches resort has retained an easy tranquility... Most of the island is still covered by forest fringed by soft white beaches. Bugbog's hotel choice was Sai Kaew Villa, for good facilities at a low price, and great beach/hotel interface. Or try Ao Hin Kok for more tranquility but still access to Sae Kaew's excellent evening beach dining setup. Best (to travel) in Dec-March." (LOL - we'll go when they say it's time). How much? Less than $100 a night including the extra bed we'll be so happy to need!

No comments: