Monday, November 16, 2009

So...How Are You Doing?

Still No Furniture - but they claim it will be in our city in 2 days!



This week everyone is asking us -

SO...HOW ARE YOU DOING? with raised eyebrows.

This is normally followed by a deep breath and rant by the "master-asker" - there's no way I could not know if I'm going to Thailand next week. How are you not going crazy? How can you let someone else control your life? There's no way I could do that!!! I could never...

We are doing fine. Part of us can't wait for Thursday (or Friday) to know if we're going and then the other part of us doesn't want it to get here.

I know - impossible - right? Isn't this what we've waited 21+ months for - travel approval?

But think about it - today - We're probably going to Thailand next week. We're probably spending our daughter's 1st Birthday with her! We're probably spending Christmas together as a family. I'm not sure but at least today, it's still a possibility. If they DON'T approve us, we aren't doing any of those things and that's definite AND we still won't know when we're going... So sometimes, not knowing is a little bit better. If knowing is bad news, I don't want to know. Not that we've given up or lost hope or any of that. I mean, we are SO ready to go. We've got a huge pile of stuff ready to pack when we know for sure. And we're SO excited to go. All of us - even Mark - is ready to go to Thailand.

But in the meantime, I've taken Thursday and Friday off work. Taking mental health days. If I get good news, I have a lot of last minute things to do. If I get bad news, at least I won't be at work.

And then there's life - it's still going on - we had Thanksgiving this weekend with my family. Here are some pictures from our yummy carb-loaded day!!!

Ah I love him!

My Niece and Nephew - Jessica and Matt


Mark and Matt


My Nieces and Nephew - Tiff, Nate and Kel


My Mom and Jake


My Dad


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see that room with the furniture and the baby in it! My stomach is in knots for you. Can I take a mental health day with you?

P.S. - Did I mention that I love your niece and nephew's names!

rosemary said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. You'll have so much fun once that furniture arrives! I'm hoping so very hard that you guys get the PERFECT news tomorrow but I think you have a wonderful outlook no matter what.

Anonymous said...

I realy hope you will be abel to go to Thailand soon! Do you know when the january meetings are? Is the first meeting the 6th of january?

Malin from Sweden
- Thaimother

Melissa Ens said...

Thanks for being happy with me today about our news about our new niece. : ) Can't wait to be happy (ecstatic!!!) with you once you get the GO and get her in your arms!!!!! You guys are handling all this amazingly well (or you fake it well in blogland...) Glad you're taking Thurs and Fri off. ENJOY!

Chris and Terri said...

That's funny Jessica!

Malin - last I heard the meetings were not set for next year yet but that's been a month so they might be now.

Melissa - we aren't faking it! LOL we are ok with the not knowing but we have certainly had our moments. I think getting the update last week helped.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! //Malin