Sunday, November 29, 2009

10

We leave for Thailand in 10 days!

We have 2 basketball games and 3 practices to fill our spare time.

Today I've been thinking about a few things.

1st - We still need First Approval (paperwork) on Wed of this week. Without it, the verbal approval means nothing and we change our flights again. None of us want that.

2nd - Bottles/Formula - Since the water in Thailand is not clean enough to drink, do people use bottle water for washing the bottles and makes the bottles? Does that bottle last a couple hours after I make it? I can't remember when formula goes "bad".

3rd - List of things to do - copy paperwork, buy a few things, baby proof the house, wrap the rest of the Christmas gifts, make a list for the house/dog sitter & after Wed, pack and reserve hotels.

5 comments:

chaniemom said...

I'm not familiar with formula, as we adopted a teenager. But, it is true that you must not use tap water. Also, beware of undercooked eggs for breakfast! Those did us in. But, generally, if you stick with food made in restaurants and good hotels you should be fine. BTW, a Thai cell phone is very inexpensive to purchase there (about $10) and you can buy a card at a convenience store like 7-Eleven to add minutes to your phone. That way whenever the USCIS calls you they can reach you wherever you are. We got the phone call for our visa interview while we were shopping at a grocery store.

Nichole and Craig said...

Hi
We used bottled water for making and washing Jaxin's bottles. (we brought the Playtex drop in bottles so we could just throw out the insert bag when we were done)
When we went out we just carried a dish of formula and made the bottle when needed. We just used hot boiling water from where we were eating lunch to make the bottle. Then topped it up with cold bottled water to cool it down a bit.
Hope you have a great trip.
Nichole

Melissa Ens said...

Playtex drop in bottles! What a brilliant idea I wish I'd thought of! I remember wishing I'd had some dish soap for washing bottles in the hotel. I often used tap water for the initial rinsing/washing and then rinsed (or washed) again with bottled water. The social workers will mix bottles ahead of time for you and I remember Timothy drinking out of his for a few hours. But I think it's not really recommended. : ) Formula dispensers (the ones here or ones there) are VERY HANDY!!! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, email me!)

Chris and Terri said...

Guess we'll be buying a lot of bottled water! ;-)

Need to add small dish soap to the list.

I think I'll go with 2 hours on the bottle.

Thanks everyone!!

Chris and Terri said...

Guess we'll be buying a lot of bottled water! ;-)

Need to add small dish soap to the list.

I think I'll go with 2 hours on the bottle.

Thanks everyone!!