Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waiting...Waiting On My World To Change

So - I don't know about you but I'm ready to GO! I mean really, I want to make the last trip to Target, throw all things summer into a couple bags and get on a big jet plane!

Our family was to be presented for first approval aka travel approval to the Board last Wed 10.21 or next Wed 11.4. So literally, we could get the phone call at any moment that says, "You have first approval for 12.2!" or that phone call could be 2 weeks away.

So we wait - I mean, how can you NOT wait??? I try to make plans, but seriously, I mean, SERIOUSLY, I have one thing on my mind 99% of the time and it has nothing to do with Halloween, Thanksgiving, OR Christmas! I read the message board and get SO excited for the ones expecting or hoping for a December referral and realize, Wow! - that was me just a short time ago and now, here we are with a countdown on the frig and away we will go Thanksgiving week.

SO UPDATE - last night - I got an email from Holt that tells me the Visa Office will be closed on our Visa day 12.3 and will reopen on 12.14 - you'll have to plan to vacation in Thailand until 12.16. Well, after we had our initial stroke of staying in the country much longer than planned, we sent the email back that said, BRING IT! Send me that Travel Approval!!!

So - Friends - Send me those Beach Destinations! Koh this and Koh that! Hua Hin, Phuket, Phi Phi, where oh where should we go? We are taking our family of five to the beach right after we meet! LOL - brave, stupid, I don't know but I don't want to spend that much time in the city - We will never - I mean - I can't imagine - EVER - have or take the opportunity to enjoy a 3 week trip again so we plan to have a blast! And yes - Little Mia has plenty of sundresses for the trip! The rest of us will have to find laundry services every 5 days or so. LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so exciting! So when do you guys leave? I'll bet the boys are excited too. And the beach in December? I can't imagine any place I'd rather be! I hope you guys have a safe and fun time. And enjoy the beach with your new little bundle of joy!

Mich

Kam said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're excited! And really, we would have been too if our girls had been with us. I can't imagine staying 3 weeks without them. But you've got all of that covered so yay! You're countdown is coming! Can't wait!

Jessica said...

My recommendation is Hua Hin or Rayong. Phuket is obviously the most beautiful but it means one more plane ride (but if you do go to Phuket, you must go parasailing on the beach!)(on second thought, perhaps that's not the most responsible thing to do.)

rosemary said...

You are going to have so much fun! If I could spend that long trapped/vacationing in any country in the world it would be Thailand. Don't be nervous for a bit - well except for the part about meeting your new toddler - you will just love it!! It's so beautiful and welcoming!

Bird's Words said...

I LOVE IT!