Saturday, October 10, 2009

20 Months!

20 months ago we began a journey to adopt a little girl. Walking by love and faith, we asked for a child 0-3 years of age and were told, "you are likely to wait 21-24 months."

Now the little girl has a name, a face, a history, a family in Thailand who loves her and takes care of her, a family in America who is ready to bring her home.

We don't know when we're going to Thailand but one thing is for certain, 20 months ago, 20 months seemed like it would never get here and yet, here it is. We've come a long way baby and we're almost there. As I sit knowing we are 1-4 months from meeting our little girl, I feel like it will never get here! Of course, I know it will.

Bring on that travel approval! I'm ready to book!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hoping and praying that you are on that airplane SOON. Happy 20 months!

Maci Miller said...

What a great feeling! And it's gonna get even better, real soon!