Well, if anyone has toured California and wants to give me suggestions, I'll take them. Our last family vacation before we head to Thailand is California (unless another free one comes along - hint hint Mom and Dad). We are specifically looking for good public beaches - you know clean with waves but the kind that don't knock you down every 2 seconds. We are hitting San Francisco, driving down the coast to LA (avoiding wildfires along the way) and hitting the Inland Empire (Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, Palm Springs area). Hotels are covered so I'm just looking to fill an itinerary. This is what's on the list - let me know if I missed something fun. Will not be doing wine tours as the kids will be with us. Although, I think that would be fun if there is a kid-friendly winery. We have one in our area and the kids love it.
San Francisco -
- Night tour at Alcatraz - Very excited about this - bought tickets early as it was nearly sold out
- Pier 39 - Fisherman's Wharf - lots of cool things there
- Lombard Street
- China Town - YUM
- Muir Woods
- Salsalito
Drive Down - I'm sure there's more to do on this drive but I need to get a book
- Mystery Spot - this looks very cool
- Hearst Castle - is it worth the tour? Can't decide.
- Elephant Seals
- Solvang - Emu and Ostrich farm and ableskive (which is like a pancake ball with powdered sugar and jam) MMM - sounds pretty good and probably worth the stop
LA - been there done that so many times - Santa Monica, Hollywood, Bev Hills gaulking, DisLand looking for something less known or new to do. But we'll take the boys to our favorite spots.
Inland Empire - I hear there's great shopping. By this point, we'll probably just want Starbucks and a pool and we'll have both. I love the little shops in Palm Springs but it's quite a drive from where we're staying. Don't know what we'll do if we'll do anything.
3 comments:
Terri,
Hearst Castle totally worth the tour. And they do a really cool night tour with period costumes (only offered at certain times of year so check the website). Not sure your boys would be impressed but to make up for that, there is a sea lion lookout point quite near by.
As far as beaches, Seal Beach.
Have fun.
Terri, what winery do you all go to in our area?? Trace & I love going to Smith Berry in Newcastle. Been there?
- Whitney
Oh my goodness! You're coming my way! : ) I don't live at the coast, but having spent many vacations there, I have lots of opinions! First question... when are you going????? Can you send me your email address so I can give you some of my thoughts?
jesushoneybee@yahoo.com
Post a Comment