Sunday, July 27, 2008

California Day 2






What a day. Have we been here a week because it feels like it. What to do first – we walked down to Pier 39 which has a ton of great food and shops, then walked along the Bay toward Bay Bridge (which is a long story I won’t share – not that the rest is short) then through China Town.

Lunch - We stopped at McDonalds for Mark (of course) and then ate at Hang Ah Tea Room. We ordered egg rolls, sticky rice rolls, BBQ pork, Kung Bow Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken. I think it was fairly authentic or at least more authentic than we are used to. Didn’t care for mine – I’m certain it was not chicken. The appetizers were great though. Matt loved his BBQ pork, which looked so bad I didn’t even taste it. I’m so like Mark, who ate one grain of rice with sweet and sour sauce on it. He sucked the sauce off and spit the one grain of rice out. He also tried a minute bit of fortune cookie which he did swallow. This is huge. He never even considers trying it.


We headed over to Ghirardelli Square to check it out. We ate sundaes while listening to a street performer strum his guitar and sing for money. He was hilarious. Hey bro I’m so po can you give me some dough. I’m Marvin and I’m starvin. He told Mark Thanks for the dough now go get some mo. It wasn’t what he said so much – after he said it – he would laugh this contagious Uncle Steve laugh and he made everyone around him smile and laugh. It was extremely entertaining to sit and watch him do this in at least 5 different languages.
Matt wanted to go shopping so we walked back to Pier 39 and hit some more stores. He bought some Alcatraz handcuffs. Mark bought a mo-hawk rubber hat. I finally broke down and bought the warmest softest sweatshirt on the planet. It is fabulous! I thought of Marc and Susan as it’s Yellow and Blue and was so very thankful WVU’s color are Gold and Blue so they can’t tease me.
Krazy Hat Store - Praying for no lice!
The Pirates! Mark and Chris jumped into the front row seats for the Pirate street show. Mark was picked to help out. It was really cute and funny. I videoed. I love my camera being able to video at the drop of a hat. I’ll see if I can get it on You Tube later. He robbed me but I was videoing so Chris anteed up. Then he made a scarf disappear and reappear from inside the rolled up money. When he brought Mark back to me, the pirate thanked Chris and dragged him (kicking and screaming) up on stage. He had a sword fight with the pirate a bit and helped in the act of putting swords and poles through a basket with a girl inside. I will put that on You Tube later too.





It was an incredible day.

No comments: