The day we met you.
Anxious - that's the feeling we had the day we met.
We had read all the books, articles and blogs. We had asked all the questions. We were as prepared as a couple, who had never adopted, could be. But this is life and no two children are the same and no two experiences are the same so we were anxious to find out what our experience would be. We waited so long for this moment.
I looked into very lost, scared, wondering eyes, and immediately, like any mom, wanted to make your pain go away. You had already been through so much at a little less than one year old. It would take time and I knew it. The day went better than expected. Here's the link to our first meeting.
6 Months Later - I chase you around the ballpark, pick up your toys all day, watch you mimic me, kiss you a million times, see you wake up happy, listen to you tell stories and laugh along with you like I understood every word. Your brothers ADORE you. You ADORE your brothers. Your extended family thinks you hung the moon right along with the other grandchildren. You make your parents so proud and we love you so much.
I still think the world of our agency, Holt International, their process and their programs. In case you are thinking about adoption or hosting an older child for a few weeks in the summer, they have many programs in many countries. Every country is different as far as time frames (a child with a minor correctible condition can take less than a year from application to homecoming), costs, and travel. The best advice I could give someone is to research every country, talk to Holt about your needs, and find the one that fits your family best.
4 comments:
What a wonderful post! It's amazing to see that gorgeous, happy little face and see how well she's been doing? Doesn't the time just fly now that she is home? That's how it feels here. But in a good way. A happy, crazy, busy, wonderful way! Congrats on 6 months!!!
Look a Mia's smile in that bottom picture. She's grinning a mile wide. So hard to believe it's been six months. I'm trusting you when you tell me that time flies!
As a family in process with Holt Thailand, I love reading this encouraging post! It is great to read how well Mia is doing and how much you loved Holt. Thanks for your blog! Jen T.
Time is definitely flying! But we are also enjoying every minute!
Good Luck - Brazenlilly - one thing that always helped me was reading other people's blogs and realizing everyone does get their day! The wait stinks - no way around it. Somedays were better than others.
Post a Comment