Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello Summer!

Our last school projects wrapped up & it's time to say Hello to our 4th and 6th graders. Oh my goodness! When did you boys get so old?


Mark at the Science Fair


Mark as Tom Sawyer


The morning of the last day of school I told the boys if either one of them received an award, I was going to spell their name and chant it 3 times very loudly. M-A-T-T Matt Matt Matt... M-A-R-K Mark Mark Mark... and then do a cart wheel into a backhand spring and end it with the big, stick the landing, Olympic Gymnast, hands over the head, head thrown back, TA-DA pose!!! OK - sidebar - for those of you who met me as an adult, I played ball (basketball, softball). I didn't cheer or do gymnastics. Good grief that takes WAY too much coordination and flexibility for me.


Matt was announced as making the honor roll the entire year and as he stood up, he looked a bit nervous. He told me later that he thought I blew off coming to the awards because he didn't hear me spelling and chanting. LOL He also received the Presidential Athlete award. Mark received the Math award, which was well deserved "Mr. I Do Long Division in My Head"...


HELLO SUMMER!!!


The boys loved the water from Day 1. Threw them in and they swam like little fish. Well, ok - not exactly. But they did love it. So does Mia. Although, we're going to have to work on the back float. She was smiling I promise!


What's not to smile about? It's summer baby!

1 comment:

Maci Miller said...

Love the pool pics! I just LOVE summer! Pool, parks, beach, picnics...all so fun and Ruby just loves the water, too. So great! Congrats to the boys on their awards! What great kids you've got! :-)