I've never carried around much money - I mean 20 bucks or so - but today I carried 3 1/2 months of work around downtown Louisville and the state capital. My grip on the folder downtown was kind of incredible. Take my purse, Take my car but get your hands off my pink folder!!!
Well, after a few small delays this week (who knew the notary seal needed to expire after 2009?), our Dossier is on its way to Washington DC and will arrive tomorrow via UPS by 10AM.
What does that mean? It means that I'm trusting some guy, call him Bill, who I don't know, to hand carry my original Dossier around DC. Bill's taking it to the US State Dept, then to the Royal Thai Embassy getting it stamped, sealed and even wrapped up with a bow I hear. From there, Bill will overnight it back to me to send to Holt to send to Thailand. We aren't on "the list" until it gets to Holt. The list is growing - Thank goodness for Bill - he knows more about this than I do. It's in good hands with Bill!
Today - I got over my need to act like I know where I'm going. I think I got that from my Dad. Today I walked in 3 offices before getting to the right office for the county seal. It's 4 if you count that yesterday I went to the office I thought was correct and asked if it was the correct place... These were my instructions from one gal, go to 5th and 6th and Jefferson - it's the old building, you know you enter through the alley. I finally got to the right building and security told me to turn left when the hallway gets dark. I mean, do they never replace the light bulbs or what? It is the end of the budget year I guess. I then drove to Frankfort without directions (forgot those), found my way to the state building and went in the wrong building. Someone felt the need to personally escort me to the next incorrect stop. That guy escorted me to the right office. That lady wanted me to send her a picture of our little girl.
What a crazy day!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Dossier to DC
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so happy that your dossier is almost where it needs to be...I just wish I was at that point..One day soon!!!
Can't wait to see you guys on the LIST...
I'm choosing a waiting child so I don't know if it is diffrent wait time or not..
Congrats on getting so far with your dossier!!! I remember trusting Bill with ours in DC as well and he had it done and back to us so fast. Make sure to take a picture of it with it's seals and everything before you send it to Holt. I didn't and wish I had!
Post a Comment