Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Progress is a Good Thing

First off - We do not have an update... I'm expecting one LOL this week. No really, Holt did tell us updates were coming the last week of August or the first week of September so here we are September 1st!


We applied for the boys' passports Saturday. Check one more thing off the list - they should be back in 4 to 6 weeks. Matt had a near panic attack with he thought the post office guy said 46 weeks knowing that meant he wouldn't have a passport in time to go. I explained 4 TO 6 and he was like, Shew I was going to say that won't work. He's very excited! Mark is very anxious about the trip.


Other To Do Items -


Booked our Vegas trip! Chris and I are so excited to get out of town one more time before Mia arrives home - knowing 1. We won't want to leave her , 2. It could affect her transition negatively if we get away too quickly and 3. Finding a sucker, I mean, a sitter for 3 kids will be harder than 2 kids.


Clean out Mia's bedroom. I don't know when the furniture is going to arrive but when it does, I want to set it up so ASAP - having that space empty will be one less thing to do that day. I had a paint color picked out and now I think it's too bright so that's back on the list.


Buy odds and ends - So today I picked up safety plugs, cabinet thingys, 2 polka dot green bins (one for clothes hamper and one for toys), pink balls (of course! we are all sports fanatics), a polka dot blanket with an elephant on it (just too cute not to buy) and a few bibs. Poor kid is going to see spots as I keep buying polka dots...


The hardest thing for me right now is figuring out what a one year old needs. I can't remember what we were finished with and what we still used realizing every one year old is different. Like bibs - I think I was using the wipe off bibs not the drooly bibs but M will still take a bottle so do I need a drooly bib too? Maybe, so I'll buy a few but not a ton. Those are the debates that drive me insane right now. Debates are no fun - Making decisions is progress and that's fun.


Bought the Ergo Diaper bag - and it's a no go! The opening isn't wide enough and it drives me crazy so it's going back. Now I have to put that back on the list. The Ergo carrier is pretty cool - anyone have a one year old I can practice with? Just saying - it looks like it rocks but my kids are a little big and my dog is a little small so I guess I'll just have to wait.


What's on my list for this week? Buy a booster seat, toys, diaper bag, order bottle and sippy cup nipples. The Born Free bottles are pretty cool - I mean, hey I haven't used them but the concept is pretty cool - they have a variety of sippy cup nipples that can be used to extend the life of the bottle. I would guess that the transition to sippy is easier since the bottle part doesn't change. Will report back on that "guess" later.

4 comments:

rosemary said...

Oh God, I wish we lived in the same town so I could just call you up and say, "Terri, what baby errands have you organized for us to do this week and when will you be picking me up?" ;-)

Kam said...

Sounds like you're on top of things! Can't wait for that update!

Ellie said...

Wow! You're ON it! Have a ton of fun with all your shopping, organizing and decorating!

Melissa Ens said...

I'd recommend some of both kinds of bibs... The wipe-off ones for meals and the drooly ones for drooling! :) Timothy was still drooling a lot when he joined us - especially when he was teething! It won't hurt to have a couple and they don't take up much space!