So it's decision time, count-down time, time to prepare for Little M!!!
I have decided on bedding, stroller, baby carrier and bottles...
I might just meet my little girl 4 months from today. That's my prediction anyway. My hope, my dream is to travel on 12/9 and meet her on 12/13. Of course, we don't know for sure and won't know until October or November for sure. But we were told we are on track to travel in December. The December board meetings are 12/2 and 12/16 and we hope to be at one of them.
Now on to my picks and pics...
The bedding is pink elephants with pale green polka dots. We love it. It has an underlying Thai theme without screaming Asian silk (which I think is lovely and almost went with). This is not Little M's room - just a web pic of the bedding.
The stroller is so cool. I had so many strollers with my boys. Traditional, Jogger, Sit-n-Stand and 2 umbrellas. We almost always used the umbrella strollers. My only complaints were they didn't recline, have a basket or a canopy. So... I bought a hi-tech umbrella stroller that has all the features I was missing. It's chocolate brown so she'll look adorable in it (dressed in pink, of course). And best of all, it drives and steers like a sweet little sports car.
The baby carrier - I've really struggled with this purchase and am trusting my new web friends that I'm going to actually use it. It's the Chocolate Ergo. I carried my kids and had amazing biceps when they were toddlers so this is going to be new and I hope I love it as much as everyone else does. It will be wonderful for bonding, the car rides in Thailand (yikes they don't use car seats) and our time in Thailand when a stroller is just not do-able. So for that alone - it's worth it.
My boys were off the bottle before one. Matt was 9 months and Mark was right at 1 year old. So this "baby older than one on a bottle" thing will be new to me but I'm looking forward to feeding her a bottle and having that eye-to-eye bonding time and know that is very important so I'm good with it. I chose the Born Free bottles (plastic BPA free). They have good reviews and they sell multiple sippy cup nipples for the bottles so I can use them longer. I considered glass but I know my house and the thought of a broken bottle at 2 in the morning is not something I want to experience. No picture of those - they are just bottles.
Next up on the list is - I think I've picked the furniture but what color furniture? I was set on Espresso or Cherry but I keep seeing white or off white with bright colors for little girls and love it. I haven't completely ruled out the life crib so add that to the lists of Aug decisions to be made.. I guess I'll go ask how long delivery will take so I know when I need to make a decision. We are buying a booster rather than a highchair. Little by little marking things off my list - she'll be here before we know it.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Pics of My Picks
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Fun! I just love all the things you picked! We have the Ergo, too, and are hoping it's comfy. The stroller is great and the bedding is just beautiful. Great job! I gotta say I'm a fan of the white cribs with pink....so pretty! But of course, the dark wood is also nice and very classic. We are thinking of getting a booser instead of a high chair, too. Except there is this one funky one I saw recently that is really versatile. I'll send you a pic. Let me know which boosters you like. Only found 1 or 2 I dig at the moment. Gosh, isn't this fun??? So happy for you to be enjoying yourself right now and getting ready for your girl!
Yay! So fun for you I'm sure! Your pics are awesome! Hoping for December travel for you!
Congrats!!! We have a daughter from Thailand too. Are you sure about the meetings in December 2 and 16? I thought it should be 9 and 23?
Malin from Sweden
Are you sure about the meetings in december?
Now I'm wondering on the meeting dates - I thought they were the 1st and 3rd Wed of each month. The 23rd would be kind of bad for the timing of getting her VISA.
How fun is shopping for a little girl?!? Love your choices so far!
Love the pics and picks. I've long had a love affair with elephants, so I think the bedding is divine. What a departure from boys stuff to this for you. Happy planning.
Love the nursery stuff! How fun (for all the reasons you stated)! I'm still using my Ergo a lot even almost a year later... SO much better than maneuvering an umbrella stroller around a crowded school on the first days and I don't have to worry about neglecting him when I'm chatting or worse, losing him if he was just walking around and wandered off! But I must say, that looks like a REALLY cool stroller! : ) Wish I had one for the times I DO use one... I still have my 8+ year old bulldozer. : ) (Maybe that's why I use my Ergo so much... hmmm...) Glad you're enjoying all the preparations!
i think the decmber meetings is right because the sptember meeting is the 23rd
Post a Comment