It's been 6 weeks since we received the information and pictures on Little M.
So...What's next? Where's that darn list?
This week has been interesting. We have run into old and new friends and have been able to share Mia's announcement again and again. While we have no new news, it's still so new and real to tell people.
Someone made a gasp and then the "You started this 18 months ago!" comment and I actually laughed as I said, "It's funny. I didn't think it would be true but the wait and the emotions of the wait all vanished with one ring tone and one look at the caller id. The minute I heard we had a baby, nothing about waiting mattered. I know I'll be ok with our travel wait because the second I lay eyes on her in person, that wait time will vanish too." Then I winked at one of my best friends and said, "Please remind me I'll be ok if we don't travel in December." And she knew the implied because I really want to spend Christmas and her birthday as a complete family.
I know I've said this before but for me - this part, at least right now, has been SO much easier. That makes me feel a little guilty because I know the wait to travel has been very difficult and LONG for others. I'm more anxious about my friends' travel dates than mine right now. Some of you are VERY close and I think of you all the time. Our program's timeline seems to be fairly constant. I break it down in baby steps and lists. Right now I'm focusing on travel approval which will hopefully be October/November and that's only 2-3 months away. But for others, the "not knowing" is what kills people from the inside.
As for the boys - they are still very excited. I hear them chatter about her to others and I can see their excitement as their friends try to comprehend the idea of flying around the world and adopting a little sister... I'm no fool - I know the honeymoon will wear off, there will be hurt feelings if she bonds to one faster than the other, or worse, is closer to one than the other, etc. but I'm focusing on today and today - it's all good.
So for now I'm trying to learn a little more Thai and trying to work on my Thailand lists and that part is all fun!! So Life Crib or Regular Crib, buy stuff now as I see it or make a list and buy it all at once - that's today's debate! Do I really want a full size bed in a kids size room??? I'm starting to think not so much. Why buy bottles and stuff when I won't need it for months? Maybe I'll just do a list. The Fun Stuff!!!
5 comments:
So glad you are enjoying this part of your wait! Hang in there! Keep doing what you're doing!
Can't wait till you get that travel approval!!!!
Hey, I have been in thailand on holiday and I seemed to have missed your referral news. When did this happen??How old is yur little girl now? And by the way she is gorgeous! Was she matched to your family like ours are matched in Australia or was she a waiting child? I know, questions questions but I am so excited for you all!
Sharon (Aust)
"I am focusing on today and today is good." Very wise words!!
I am feeling the same way about the regular size bed. I think I'm just going to go with the regular crib. That room is just to small.
The 2nd wait is easier in my mind - it is kind of like the preggo wait for real - the time spent looking at the pics is golden and preparing makes the time fly...the part that was hard was waiting for the updates - we knew it was every 2-3months so when the time came around for updates I always was anxious because I just needed to see her face - even if the update it self was a few months old!!
Your call will be coming in no time.
Hirally
So glad you're enjoying the fun stuff! Just can't get over how beautiful Mia is!!!
Post a Comment