Today was the visit to the International Travel Clinic. Now I know - several shots are recommended but no shots are required for Thailand but have you met me? Well, true, most of you haven't - I'm not convinced my friends and family actually read the blog which is fine - they are very busy people. LOL
But let me fill you in - if it's out there, we will get it!!! It's a given that someone will vomit on vacation and if we are lucky, it's only one of us. We have a long list of vacation illnesses. Yes, we wash our hands - some things are just bad luck.
So what's out there for us to get - a list of things - Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, Measles, Tetanus, Flu!!! There's a huge chance that we will not be exposed to any of this. But 30% of the people die from this or that was enough for me to make an easy decision. The clinic lady explained them all and then looked at us like, "Which disease would you rather take your chances on?" I just said "Hook us up" and was crying for my sucker by the time I left. Not really, I just feel like I've been punched in the arm - it's not bad at all.
Mark had to be held down by 2 people while he proclaimed, "I'm not going! I said I'm NOT GOING!!" I guess his idea of a good day didn't include a shot which was recommended but not required. Later he called Matt a sissy for complaining his arm hurt. I had to laugh and remind him who freaked out on us in the clinic!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
OUCH!!!
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is hysterical! Thanks for a great Wednesday night laugh!
So sorry you guys are sporting sore arms...but with your luck, I'd have done the same thing!
We must not be the busy part of the family, we check for new posts daily. Went shopping and bought Mia the cutest outfit today. Can't wait to show it to you. Sorry about the sore arms. nana and papa
Okay, you are too funny. Those travel clinics (and doctors) scare the heck out of you, but, really, you would have been fine without half of those shots. Anyway, you are covered just in case and for that piece of mind, it's worth a sore arm, right? AND you have one more thing checked off the to do list! Say...we ought to compare lists one of these days. You are doing pretty good over there! Saw your advice on Rosemary's blog and was like, hmmmm... we need to consult with Terri!
Jen - Yeah I'm sure we went safety city on the shots but this way - we ruled out a handful of illnesses and that's before we get the flu vaccine and possibly the H1N1 vaccine. LOL
Post a Comment