To think - 6 months ago we "got on the list". It was one of the happiest & saddest days. The paperwork was over YES but we were told 20+ month wait to referral NO and it has shortened so now we're looking at 6 more months to referral. The first 6 months has gone really fast and I'm sure life won't settle down any before June so it will be here before I know it. Although - my disgust for the cold weather seems to make winter drag on.
So we're much closer than we were... #30 to #10 but other than that - everything is the same. Except did I mention it's a lot colder and I hate it? The boys are still extremely excited about their baby sister. We talk about Mia all the time. They are so excited to travel to Thailand and see where she lived. We pray this political instability straightens out before then. Mark still has not tried Thai food (and I'd be shocked if he does) but since Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut and Burger King are close to the Amari (our hotel), it sounds like that won't be the issue I once thought it was. And of course, I'll still be taking 2 weeks worth of Jiff travel packs, crackers, Doritos and Oreos!
My Pimsleurs Thai - I'm on Lesson #5 - doing ok with it. I'm actually learning some very helpful phrases. I'm not sure if I'll ever need them. But from previous experience (trying to find large cups in a Mexican Wal-Mart) it's good to know a bit of the native language. I got out Donde Esta Grande Cups? They laughed at me as I held my hand up to my mouth as I would a coffee cup. But they were very helpful in locating cups. Anyway - back on task - So I've decided to make note cards since I'm a visual person not an auditory person. I think that will make a huge difference. Let you know in January!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1/2 Year Point!
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am having a disaster with my thai CD, I have been playing it in the car, and its so far proving really difficult for me to pick up. Its the tonal bits changing meanings that stumps me.
Gemx
Tell Mark that he can't possibly have a worse initial experience with Thai food than I did. I'm allergic to Lemon Grass but I didn't know that for a long time. So when I first went to Thailand I kept throwing up everything I ate. Finally a doctor figured it out. Now I order everything without lemon grass and I have found some foods I really like but I have to admit I was traumatized for a long time about Thai food. I use to sneak off to the Pizza Hut in Chiang Rai every chance I got! ;-)
Hey, Chris - how are you liking the Pimslers? We just recently started Rosetta Stone and love it. Not doing it as often as we should, but heck, we do have a few months left.
Post a Comment