As many of you know, we are Colts fans. Chris received an autographed Tony Dungy book and the audio-book at work a couple weeks ago. We both immediately read it (ok, we listened to it). Tony starts out by saying, "This isn't a football book." I think that was true but there sure was a lot of football in the book. Of course, I enjoyed that part of the book as much as what the book is really about. The book is really about God and His timing and His plan. I would call it a good book especially if you have ever struggled with Why? in anything in life. Some of my prayers have not been answered and I did struggle a bit at times. More so last year than this year. Maybe He's playing "catch-up" with me. ;)
I always wonder about this thing we call God's plan. Do you remember those books where you would decide the next step and based on that decision, the book could end differently? That's what I wonder. Is it all truly drawn out and all our decision are already known to Him and the outcomes already known to Him? or Do we get opportunities to make decisions which affect the outcome? The latter makes more sense to me - otherwise, it's like we're all in a puppet show without strings. And why would He make us struggle with decisions if He already knows what we're going to decide. I mean, we pray for Him to help us make the right decision, send us a sign...a clear sign, you know what I mean.
I think the thing I took away most from Quiet Strength was God's timing. There are things we want to do in life. Sometimes opportunities don't come through and sometimes they do. And we don't always understand why at the time - maybe we never understand why. I've always wanted to live by the beach - I hate KY winters. (Southern Florida is perfect to me - it never snows, it's hot, humid, you walk out every morning and say AH, what a beautiful morning - I love it) but if we had ever moved, maybe we wouldn't have been in Louisville this year. I won't say I'll never move to the beach because honestly, I think we will... someday...as soon as God "lets" me. But now that I see how our "book" has played out so far this year, I think this chapter was supposed to be set in Louisville this year so we could proceed with an adoption and be supportive to our friends and children.
I always wonder about this thing we call God's plan. Do you remember those books where you would decide the next step and based on that decision, the book could end differently? That's what I wonder. Is it all truly drawn out and all our decision are already known to Him and the outcomes already known to Him? or Do we get opportunities to make decisions which affect the outcome? The latter makes more sense to me - otherwise, it's like we're all in a puppet show without strings. And why would He make us struggle with decisions if He already knows what we're going to decide. I mean, we pray for Him to help us make the right decision, send us a sign...a clear sign, you know what I mean.
I think the thing I took away most from Quiet Strength was God's timing. There are things we want to do in life. Sometimes opportunities don't come through and sometimes they do. And we don't always understand why at the time - maybe we never understand why. I've always wanted to live by the beach - I hate KY winters. (Southern Florida is perfect to me - it never snows, it's hot, humid, you walk out every morning and say AH, what a beautiful morning - I love it) but if we had ever moved, maybe we wouldn't have been in Louisville this year. I won't say I'll never move to the beach because honestly, I think we will... someday...as soon as God "lets" me. But now that I see how our "book" has played out so far this year, I think this chapter was supposed to be set in Louisville this year so we could proceed with an adoption and be supportive to our friends and children.
So, maybe I get His timing after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment