Jeez - Time does fly. 4 months ago we applied to adopt a little girl 0-36 months from Thailand. I remember being so nervous "pushing the button" even though I knew we met all the requirements. But how many countries had we researched? How many programs are closed, instable or corrupt? We had plenty of reasons to be nervous.
What we did in 4 months - filed a large amount of paperwork with social workers, government agencies, background checks from any and every agency, been asked if I'm sure I wasn't arrested (more than once - seriously, I would remember a mug shot and fingerprinting...right?)
We filled out a lot of forms (don't forget to get that one notarized, this one needs to be signed in blue ink, oh yeah - fill this one out in Bahts and that one out in US Dollars - by the way - make sure you include the conversion date and documentation...they always ask for that later - did I mention your notary's commission needs to expire in 2009 or later - oh sorry - can you redo all those documents and get them notarized again? Hope it wasn't too many).
You'll be waiting approximately 10-16 months for your referral, you'll be waiting 20"+" months for your referral, your referral can be expected in 18 months but check with me each quarter because that could change by 6 months or so...Are you kidding me? Didn't get the memo that stated in
LARGE BOLD FONT -
I'M A PLANNER!
4 Months ago - we weren't sure if we'd be approved. Now we aren't sure when we're going. These things are for certain -
We are approved
We are going
We will bring home a little girl
She will be 100% rotten
We are going
We will bring home a little girl
She will be 100% rotten

1 comment:
Oh my goodness I know what you're talking about!!! Except that I don't know if I could have done the 20 month wait to referral... which I'm sure is why God made us get our stuff done last year. Lately I have been OBSESSING about our trip to bring our little guy home--even though (or especially since?) I don't know when it will happen. And the fact that some people get 2 months from "the call" to prepare and some get 3 weeks (3 weeks!) almost makes me crazy. No way in the world could I do this without God. : )
Post a Comment