Thursday, February 14, 2008

I think Thailand is our country!

February 2, 2008

I’m very excited and hopeful to have discovered a country whose timeframe, process, travel itinerary and fees might mesh with our life. I’ve requested information from the agency and researched every inch of the Internet for any negative comments about the country’s process. So far so good. Looks like Thailand might be it. But I requested information from Holt International and have to wait for it. I’m not even telling Chris until I find out more. I don’t want to talk about another country that turns out corrupt, closing the program or whatever…

February 4, 2008

I can’t stand it – I’ve exchanged emails with the home study agency that Holt International uses in Louisville. I’ve called Holt to ask them if I can download the information but it comes snail mail…

February 6, 2008

Rush home – it’s not in the mail – I buy a binder to organize the mounds of information we’ll hopefully have to collect.

February 7, 2008

Rush home – it’s not in the mail – how long does it take to get mail from the West Coast? OK – I know this – 3-4 business days. It’s ok – I am very busy and must continue to work and not think about it.

February 8, 2008

Rush home – it’s in the mail!!!! However, I’m working the fish fry at St. Michael’s and can’t read it until I get home tonight. I rip it open and skim it in 5 minutes. Everything appears to be ok – say a quick prayer – and run out the door to the fry. Get home late, tired but have to pour through every word they have mailed me. Don’t watch the video. The videos make me cry and get my hopes up. Not getting my hopes up until I talk to Chris. I pass him the country information sheet and said check out Thailand. To that I got a hmmm, that might work. It sounded positive. We were tired. I said think about it and we’ll talk. Can't talk in front of the kids. Don't want to get their hopes up.

No comments: