Thursday, February 28, 2008

Holt package arrived!

February 28, 2009

So Monday I go to the Police Department to get my police check. I'm quite certain that my wheels won't be on my car when I get back to it judging by the crowd hanging out in the parking lot! And no, I didn't see one officer. There's a line of about 20 people. I had given myself 2 hours to get this piece of paper. After no one was processed in 10 minutes, I decide I'm coming back. Go back today at 8:25 (they open at 8:30) stand in the 25 degree weather and down my coffee in record time. I was in my car with my clean record at 8:40! GREAT! The guy next to me asked me what "slander" meant. Yikes - sorry about his bad luck!

This morning I have an email update from Holt! I can't read it fast enough. They sent me about 20 pages single spaced on what to do now. The good news is we have a lot of it completed already as I did a lot of internet research on what to get for our dossier (that's adoption talk for the package we send to Thailand via Holt). The bad news is there's been a huge interest in Thailand since January so they've actually run out of adoption guidebooks to send out! That could cause a delay! Of course, the competitor in me comes out a bit here, I'm like ok fine - we just have to beat all those people in completing our home study and dossier. First one to turn in all the papers is the next one on the waiting list! Home study paperwork is nearly collected - we have to get our medical checks and have some more meetings. It will truly come down to how much time our social worker has to spend on our write-up. Since we can't control that, we don't worry about that! In our spare time, we're pouring through adoption information so we hit our education requirements for the home study.

The boys continue to talk about it all the time! Matt is already talking about which car we're taking to the airport as if we're going next week. With our track record in cars, it will be something that we don't currently own!

There's a family in Thailand right now adopting their little girl Olivia through the same process we're going through. They are updating their blog everyday. It is very exciting to read knowing that will be us someday!

No comments: