Monday, December 13, 2010

I Loved You Before...

A year ago, I held Mia for the first time. During those first moments, I held back my emotions as I acknowledged the reality of her emotions. She was scared. Here's the blog post from that day. But you might want to read today's post first. Today, I thought I would share my book with the blogger world.

A year and a half ago, I wrote a book for Mia. We were waiting for our referral and thinking about her so many times a day. I wanted her to know what I was feeling before I knew a single fact about her. I already loved her... unconditionally.

Copyright © Terri Bell All Rights Reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced without written consent from the author. Now that we have that out of the way...

Here it is - my book - although, it's SO much better with all the pictures. ;-)

I Loved You Before...
For Mia - Our Thai Princess
Written by your Mom while I waited to find out who you were.

I loved you before I knew your name,

before I saw your face

and before I heard your cry.


I loved you before I felt your touch,

before I smelled your hair

and before I kissed your head.


I loved you before you cried in my arms,

before you held my hand

and before you smiled at me.


I loved you before you laughed out loud,

before you hugged me

and before you kissed me.


While you waited a world away,

I loved you with all my heart.


So far apart

So long the wait


Together now

Together forever


I loved you before you knew me.



I don't know if I'll ever be able to get my book published. But last month I discovered Pint Size Productions, a website that prints board books. I uploaded pictures, my book and now have this fabulous board book that Mia will always have. I may never be a best selling author but I have my book "published" with Mia's photos in it. It's great. I highly recommend this site for board book creations. Some quality is lost in production, but it's still pretty good. Check it out if your kiddos still tear pages.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This is so beautiful. It really is a perfect description of unconditional love. Please get it published. I want to be the first in line to buy it.

Checked out Pint Sized Productions, now I'm itching to make one.

Love the new header - everyone looks all grown up.

Ellie said...

So, so sweet!!