Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Order in the House

Snow days, oh, the snow days!

I like one, maybe two snow days per year, but I'm officially done with them. If it snows again, we are all leaving town. LOL

Yesterday started like any other Saturday, although, it was Tuesday. People slept in, we made pancakes, cleaned the house, etc. etc. With nothing to do - I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. A clean house is a house in order, right. No mess = no chaos!

Around 6PM the house was nearly spotless and that was about the time Mark decided we should start an indoor game of wiffle ball except he didn't tell anyone. He just pitched the ball up and swung the bat - he couldn't do this again for a million dollars, but the ball hit the full Dr. Pepper which fell over onto a bunch of bills, thank you notes and school papers. Let's just say what happened next was not a pretty sight but all your thank you's will be nicely scented of stale Dr. Pepper.

Around 8PM we were just about finished with dinner and I let Mia down out of her seat. She walked straight over to my full cup of juice and attempted, unsuccessfully to take a drink. After drowning her face & clothing, she let the rest fall on the floor. Did I mention it was Blueberry Pomegranate Juice? - No? - well, yeah - it's purple. Thank goodness for hardwood.

After getting over the stickiness in my very clean kitchen, today would be a much better day. Going into the office without Mia. Have a lot to do before my board meeting on Monday. I start at 5:30AM, get ready, get the kids ready, complain that we are running 30 minutes later than I want, out the door at 7:25, drop kid #1 off, Mark is too sick to go to school (he has a cold), convince him he's not too sick to go to school, tell him to call me if he starts feeling worse, he tells me to just plan on 12:15 (great!), go thru carpool twice, get gas, get coffee, drop Mia off at my parents, drive to work, arrive at 9AM. Disgusted at time frame but whatever, have a lot to do. Our Admin Asst. says the IT guy is supposed to bring the computer back today. By computer, she means, SERVER!!! I can't do my work without the server. Are you freakin' kidding me???? Call the IT guy and he's says it will be about lunchtime. Perfect...I was going to leave at 1PM to pick Mia up before the boys...

Work for an hour, go pick Mia up. Take parents some yummy donuts and have coffee with them. Oh well - at least I got to spend time with my parents.

Geez - just another day in the life of 3 kids! TG for kid #1 who just made fun of me throughout.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor Terri. Trust me, I'd be crying by now. Does this mean you to put your drink in a sippy cup too?