Monday, February 8, 2010

A Day in the Life

A rare moment of sitting still - she LOVES her chair!


For kicks and giggles let’s start our typical day at midnight.


Sleep is my friend - I like it - I miss it - but I’m doing ok. Much better now than a month ago and MUCH better than 2 months ago. WOW - can’t believe we left for Thailand 2 months ago. It's very cold here now and I wish I could have brought some of that Bangkok heat home with me.


Between midnight and 5AM - she wakes up 5-10 times (yeah, it had gotten better but I posted about it and it went backwards). When she wakes up, it’s only enough to wake us up and we either pat her or give her an empty bottle (pacifier). She is taking about a half bottle at 2 AM. She wants another at 5AM. Thankfully, we both fall back asleep easy. Mia is the light sleeper not us.


5:00 Mia’s internal alarm - everyday with 10 minutes of 5AM she wakes up crying, hungry


5:45 Chris’ alarm


6:00 Chris’ 2nd alarm


6:15 My alarm - I get the boys ready for school


6:15-7:10 Pray the boys don’t wake Mia


7-8 - Bottle and back to sleep - the boys normally wake her up - she's SUCH a light sleeper


9:00 Wakes up happy and Breakfast


9:30 Shower and Bath


10:30 Nap


11:30 Lunch


12-2 Play, errands, work, etc.


2:15 Go get the boys, Bottle, Nap


Some days she takes one nap at noon and some days it’s two like above.


3:00 Homework, Play & Snack


5:00 Dinner


6:00 Bottle


7:00-9:00 - Play Play Play & Snack


9-10 Bottle and Bed


Ok - it’s not like we do all these things on the hour or whatever but generally, this is the day. I also try to either run an errand, work at home on work stuff or home stuff too.


In between - try to keep her out of all the things she isn’t supposed to be playing with!!! This is nonstop because she is constantly “into things”. Some days I get “stuff” done. Some days are measured by bottles and diapers!


I'm not really all about doing everything exactly on schedule. Pretty much - as long as everyone is clean, happy, and the house is somewhat in order, I'm good.

One thing is definite - time goes so fast so I’m treasuring each day and every cute little thing she does.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Look at Mia chilling! Next she's going to need a lazy boy. Been thinking about you and all the snow. Stay warm (and get some sleep.)

Sharon said...

Love this pic! She is such a little cutey!

Maci Miller said...

So true how fast it goes. The time as well as the day. It's good to see your schedule and see that Mia also goes down between 9-10. I was feeling so bad for the late schedule. Ruby isn't an early morning gal any more than I am! She goes down about 9:30-10 and is up between 8-9 am. I figure as long as she gets a good 10 hours plus 2 hour nap we are good. I TRY to maintain a schedule, but like you said, as long as it's all good, why worry. Do hope you get a little more sleep soon! In the meantime, thank God for Starbucks!! :-)