June 1st is 5 weeks from today. I hope we get the referral call that day (if not sooner) :)
I have tried very hard to not wish time away. I catch myself saying I can't wait until we get the referral, I can't wait until we travel, etc. What I really mean is I'm really looking forward to it but I don't want to wish this day away or this month or certainly not the rest of the year.
Having children makes me want to bottle up the day and live it forever...sometimes. And sometimes, I want to send them to bed at 3:15 (right after school). LOL but truly, my kids are great and I love this age (and I say that at every age) and love spending time with them.
When we first starting seriously talking about adoption it was Dec 2005. We were looking at China. The wait times were starting to become longer but we decided the timing wasn't right for us. I think we thought we were too old. HA - look at us now!!! If we had gone that route, we'd just now be getting a referral - 3 years later. How's that for God's version of "You can make a plan but He will decide when things happen or don't happen." I can hardly say that timing scenario was a coincidence. I just hope He realizes I want to travel quickly and could somehow work that into His timing!!! LOL No disrespect - I do pray for quick travel approval.
Monday, April 27, 2009
5 Weeks
Labels:
Thailand adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this about "wishing time away." So often the best moments are the ones we don't plan for or totally expect and, you're right, they always seem to come when we need them most but didn't know it.
Post a Comment