Monday, February 9, 2009

Don't You Love It?

Don't you love it when you have that random 70 degree day in February??? Now my California readers are going - Huh? We have that everyday... Well - Not so much in KY. It's very hard to believe that a week ago we were all in a deep freeze thanking God our electricity came back on.

Now, we are rushing to get pedicures so we can wear flip flops without last year's remnants of nail polish showing... So I did get my pedi today and Ryan (my pedi guy) said, "WELLLLL, Long time, no mani/pedi. Where have you been?" in my favorite Vietnamese/American accent. I replied, "hibernating" and we both laughed.

So how did I spend my random 70 degree day??? I took advantage of it - I worked from home all morning and then ran a couple errands (computer store, Apple store, Aunt Annie's Pretzels, Starbucks, Gymboree (I wanted to buy every dress in there for Mia), Nails, picked up kids, fluffed our mulch in my flip flops LOL - loved it - there were small green signs of tulips, daffodils, day lilies and other perennials (which I can never remember their names) ready to burst up next month and touched up paint on outside doors. Now I will work a few more hours and call it a day -

A Very Great Day!

Very Odd Thing - The lady in front of me at Aunt Annie's Pretzels ordered my exact order which I get every time. Pretzel Stix no salt, hot salsa cheese dip, no drink. I sit down at Starbucks to eat and notice she's there with her Starbucks drink too. As I'm throwing my garbage out, I notice we're wearing the same thing - Black T-shirt, jeans and Sperry boat shoes. How Crazy??? So Crazy I almost said something but then I thought she'd think I was crazy too so I went on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, you are crazy and it's too bad you didn't introduce yourself so she could experience it and . . . Man what a life you have.

Chris and Terri said...

This much I know - Mr or Ms Anonynous is either Susan or Chris. Both of which I love (but I bet you didn't realize how alike you are - that I can't tell you apart) and since you are reading my blog vs. ignoring it, it's ok.

Terri

Maci Miller said...

You are too funny! Great story. And gosh, it was that warm there? How nice! We had a sort-of warm day when it got up to maybe 60, but still not warm enough for me. Soon! Very soon. It will either be Spring, I will be in Thailand or both. Hoping for both! :-)

Julie said...

Sounds like the crazy weather we get here. Yesterday,it was so hot 36 degrees and yet rained all day and was like winter today. We spent the day at home making (and eating) jelly and sining more Barney songs...
Enjoy your sun!
Julie