Monday, February 2, 2009

8 Months on the List

Today we've been on the list for 8 months. We are so ready for THE phone call. I think about THE phone call everyday. As we get closer, we are very excited and everything is starting to feel real - like Mia is actually going to come home in the next 9 months (give or take).

We think about Mia everyday! I wonder how old she is, how big she is, if she looks like the picture in my mind, if she smiles, if she's laid-back or sensitive, if she has foster siblings, you name it - I'm wondering about it! So when I visualize Mia - today I think she's 3 months old, a tiny little bit with a tender smile, she has an older foster brother who adores her and makes her laugh but she cries when he get too loud! It seems people are never what I visualize so I wonder how far off I'll be and I long for the day that Chris and I are taking turns carrying her around Thailand in our Ergo.


One year ago today I discovered the Thailand program and had such hope that this country would be the one. I remember spending hours on the internet reading anything and everything I could find about the program for days. I needed to make sure there was no corruption - so many countries are corrupt. My fingers couldn't google fast enough. Everything I found gave me hope Thailand was our choice - and both eased my concerns and made me nervous at the same time. Today I'm not nervous anymore. I know we chose the correct country for our family and I can't wait to see it in person.

3 comments:

Julie said...

hopefully you might have news soon. It brings back so many memories to follow along with your journey.
ps. have just finished the second Stephane Meyer book and have number three on order- hopfully it will arrive in the next few days....
Julie

rosemary said...

I spend a lot of time trying to picture our child's life too. It's an amazing thing to lay in bed at night and wonder what your child's personality is like!

Maci Miller said...

Gosh, I do that all the time. We both do. Day dream about how she must look now, what she is like, how she will react to us, etc. We have watched the video and looked at the pics so much that they are etched into our brain permanently. We often talk about how we think she is and how she holds the rattle in one pic. We are so sure she is holding onto it like, HEY, this is MINE. We love to fantasize about her strong little personality and think she is so clever. Ha - she could be the most quiet, shy little thing ever! Either way, we will love her to death. It's fun to dream about her. Makes us feel closer to this little person that stole our hearts!