Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Which Ergo To Buy?

Very important question for the blog followers:

Which Ergo Should I Buy?

I decided to buy an Ergo Carrier for our one year adoption anniversary which believe it or not, is coming up. We applied to adopt Mia on February 10, 2008. But I'm having great difficulty with the color selection. And no I haven't asked Chris' opinion yet.

Here's the deal about me - I always think Black looks best so I tend to think Black. It matches everything yada yada. But Mia is a GIRL so I think Pink but should everything in my life be PINK? I love everything palm trees (as I long to live near them) so I think Hawaiian... HELP! Here are the pics.

The Pink Heart One


The Hawaiian One


The Black One


OMG - I just discovered the organic ones!!! Are they that much softer? I think I need to buy an organic one...I love organic cotton It's so soft! Crap - I can't decide. But I'm leaning toward the Dark Chocolate one since Mia is wearing PINK until she has an opinion about it.


The Dark Chocolate Organic One

The Cranberry Organic One

The Chocolate Organic One

The Blue Organic One with the cute little flower

Also, did anyone buy the Ergo backpack diaper bag? I carried a backpack style with the boys and loved it but it's navy blue so not having any of that with MIA!!! I hate buying bags online. I like to check out the pockets and size and such.

10 comments:

Chris and Terri said...

Matt's vote is the Hawaiian One.
Mark's vote is the Hawaiian One.

HMM - Guess as we are snowed/iced in yesterday & today, we're all thinking of palm trees.

Jessica said...

Terri,
I vote dark chocolate. It's dark colored, won't show dirt, looks good with anything you'd be wearing and any looks great with pink!

Robin and Kyle said...

I vote organic chocolate. (Pink would just be mean - your husband would look silly wearing it! =) ) We did end up needing the (one year from purchase) warranty when a plastic buckle broke so I recommend not actually ordering it until you're ready to leave.

We didn't get the matching diaper bag. I love my backpack. I can wear the carrier and backpack AND T and still have both hands free!

Aren't these decisions fun? =)

Anonymous said...

Chocolate I think ;-) Or you cab buy Becco baby carrier.

Maci Miller said...

I have to vote for the dark chocolate one, too. Will go with pink, but will go with everything else also. Gotta consider that YOU won't be in pink every day and while it's really cute, the brown will take you further. AND the hubby could borrow it without being made fun of. :-)

We got the Black & tan one for Jeff but I think I will use it sometimes, too. Didn't know there was an organic one when we bought it or I would have gotten that!

Nichole and Craig said...

I also vote the dark brown one. I doubt your husband would want to wear pink 8-)
We got the black and green one. I am also considering the little pack that goes on the bottom and the backpack.
Good luck with your decision

Glen and Andrea said...

I vote Choc Organic. Will go with all your clothes and hers. The pattern ones would clash with most clothes.

Julie said...

I would have to say dark chocolate too. Practical to keep clean and looks good too.
Julie

Melissa Ens said...

My only other thought (cuz everyone has everything else covered!) is... how hot does it get where you are in summer? We got the khaki one b/c I couldn't stand the idea of how hot the black would be on his back in Thailand or summer here (which seems to last forever)... And I like the print ones, too. So excited you're moving up the list so fast!!! : )

Melissa Ens said...

Oh... and find out whether or not your hubby plans on using it! Mine is just as happy carrying him (in arms or on his shoulders) without the ergo. He's never used it (though I still use mine a LOT) : ) so it might not matter about the pink...