Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What's Going On In The Adoption World?

I know of 2 families who are travelling in November. I think they both received June referrals so that's pretty cool they only had a 5 month wait to travel. I'm so very excited for them and can feel their excitement from the forum. I hope they blog their journey. It's so helpful to the rest of us who are just waiting.

If I decorated a nursery today - It would be a very pale pink paint and dark furniture - Not sure if I'd buy cherry or espresso. Brown and Pink is what I would lean towards though. I'm not decorating but that's what I would do if I were!

We are waiting - waiting for the moment when we have a picture, waiting to travel, waiting to complete our family, living our busy lives with 2 great boys wondering if she is born. Our Dossier (large stack of official paperwork) is complete (as of June 08) and in Thailand with about 15 families in front of us. Everything is approved and we're anxious for the next set of referrals and then the next and then the next - hoping that from some fluke we get a referral before the anticipated date which is 10 1/2 months away. Everyone asks us, "When are you going to hear?" as if we have any clue but we nod, smile and say June or Sept. It already sounds closer than it did this summer. I mean, it is closer but as winter approaches, I guess I start counting down to flip flop weather so it goes faster. The thought that the phone will just ring and it be THE CALL is still a bit crazy to me. I get nervous when our SW sends an email. I won't be able to speak if she shows up on Caller ID. I hope she doesn't hang up on me.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Do the families traveling in November have blogs we can follow? Like you, it is hard waiting. We have a picture of our son (since we are adopting a waiting child), but it will still be next fall probably before we travel to Thailand. We anticipate acceptance of our Dossier this spring (still waiting on CIS approval) and a wait of 4-7 months for travel dates once accepted.

rosemary said...

Yea, the waiting is unbelievable and we just started... officially. Of course, I feel like we were waiting the whole time we were doing our dossier but sadly it doesn't work that way.