This week has been a driving adventure! Where did all you bad drivers come from anyway????
Tuesday I was driving the Jeep to transfer it to the buyers name (Side bar - yeah we finally sold it!!) I had to kill some time waiting for the buyer so I ran to the mall - while driving through the parking lot, "Hyped-up Starbucks Mom in the Minivan" backs out at like 50 MPH and nearly takes out my side - She stopped when I laid on my horn. Survived the near miss.
So then I'm pulling out of the bank (still in the "sold" Jeep) on the way to the County Clerk's office - I'm turning left across 2 lanes of traffic. Guess what, so is the idiot in the right hand turn lane. So fortunately, I was paying very close attention and slammed on my brake and avoided dingleberry in the shiny Volvo.
I handed the guy the keys and transferred the title before I wrecked the darn thing.
That was enough in my mind - but no, not for all the other drivers who seem to have taken a sabbatical from driving when the gas was jacked up and now have forgotten how to turn, stop and go.
Driving my car now - someone nearly, I mean nearly, hits me head on this morning. WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DRINKING??? I honk; we both swerve - I don't want to leave me house ever again.
But I have to - so I'm driving down the street - Speed Limit is 45 and "Mr. I don't feel the need to buckle my toddler in" is driving 35 (in the fast lane) and jerking his car all over the place. I think he's playing some version of the warped game "throw the kid around the car" and I pass him on the right - yes - not supposed to do that - but sometimes I do, because I don't want to see toddler hit the window.
THEN - OMG - I just want to go home - Lady eating her bowl of cereal, putting on make-up and talking on her cell phone (hand-held, not hands-free) - ok I exaggerated a bit - runs over the ALREADY DEAD animal. UGH - OOOOOH - and it bounces up in the air - Did I mention my car sits like 6 inches off the ground... I had to break hard to avoid this flying animal - I mean thank GOODNESS my top wasn't down right??? HOW DO YOU RUN OVER AN ALREADY DEAD ANIMAL???
SO if you think the gas prices are just killing our wallets - you are seriously overlooking the bigger picture of those people who are truly forgetting how to drive and are going to kill those of us who do it very well!!!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Bad Drivers
Labels:
In the meantime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny. I seem to be following lots of elderly people lately. They either drive very slowly in front of me or drive in the lane next to me and switch without warning almost running into the side of my car.
I sent you a link to our blog.
Post a Comment