Hard to believe summer has flown by. If I wasn't so occupied with life, I'd have time to be sad. It will hit me in a week. Anyway, we're all exhausted so I served Doritos and Diet Mountain Dew for breakfast today. LOL I would have thought that was the coolest when I was a kid! But I figured it was better to jack them up with a little caffeine rather than send them to school asleep. Go ahead and talk about me. It was only a half day of school. They survived and Day One - they "really like their teachers!"
Olympics Hangover - We are so tired I'm not sure we'll ever get it together. We are banning Olympics tonight. That will change if Michael Phelps is going for a medal though. At the beginning of the Olympics, I made a conscious decision not to watch it all or even most of it - only watching women's gymnastics. UGH - but how can I not get wrapped up in it? How about that men's swimming relay where we made the French eat crowe? Can you even believe Michael Phelps? I bet his Mom gave him Mt. Dew for breakfast too. The Men's Gymnastics, complete with 2 alternates standing no chance and getting the Bronze? These kids practicing their entire lives for a ten second vault or those little China girls whose parents sent them away at the age of 3 to be an Olympic star because "it would be good for the family". Thank goodness the US isn't like that. China is a bit of a different world that I don't understand. Can you imagine - you only get to have one child and at age 3, you ship her off to Gymnastics Boot Camp in hopes of becoming one in a million? Anyway, I digress - going to get some sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment