Thursday, September 22, 2011

We Moved to SoCal

It has been 10 months since I last posted. I wonder if anyone will even read this, but here goes.

Chris and I moved to California. Actually, it went like this.

January - I began interviewing for a position in California.

March - I accepted the position.

April - I moved to California by myself - Chris stayed in KY with our 3 kids to finish out the school year. They only had 6 weeks left so it just made sense. We have never spent this much time apart so it was definitely a challenge.

I spent the next 2 months living in a hotel - omg this was not the "Suite Life" I always dreamed hotel living would be, but I survived. I stayed busy researching cities, schools, neighborhoods, pounding the streets looking at houses, sending pictures and videos to Chris until I walked in and found the perfect place. Then, it was on to shopping for the many things this home needed.

June - the kids joined me in our new home in Orange County. Chris took 2 weeks vacation to help us get settled.

June - Sept - Chris moved most of his stuff to California, commuted to Kentucky to work and became a California resident in October when he started his new job. I am so excited to have my husband back. Single parenthood is not for either one of us. We are definitely a team!

Mia adjusted beautifully to her new school. She absolutely loves it. Mark and Matt have been in school 2 months and they are doing great too.

So... what did the year look like?

Spending Easter apart - I was very excited to see my kids look great for Easter!

In May Mia was a flower girl in my niece's wedding. I'll post on this fun time later. Mia did great and I was one proud Mommy and Aunt that day.

In July we added Malibu, a german shepherd puppy, to our home.

Taking a wrong turn landed us at Newport Beach before dinner. Nothing wrong with taking time for a little sand before pizza.

We loved spending time with our cousins from KY.

With Disneyland tickets, we can go everyday if we want. The boys are showing off their 3-D glasses.

One thing is certain, there are always plenty of smiles!

Mia - having a California tea party with her Nana.

Safe to say Minnie is Mia's favorite! She loves loves loves her!

Dining with the characters is one of the best ways to eat!

Still living apart - Mark, Matt and I sported our Cardwear for the opening football game while Chris attended the game with friends.

Everyone was excited (and nervous) for the 1st day of school - no more uniforms brought many smiles from my kids!

My cousin's twins live about 20 minutes away and I love the little beauties! 2 more M's in the family - MaKayla and Madison! - So yes - get-togethers are a tongue twister - Matt, Mark, Mia, Mario, Malibu, MaKayla and Madison...

Mark is enjoying soccer

We are adjusting very well to life in SoCal. We are loving the weather and loving living like we are on vacation. It's rough to live somewhere so beautiful! LOL We do miss our family and friends, but we are hoping they will visit us soon.

4 comments:

chaniemom said...

I was very excited to read your new post. I had no idea that your life had become so busy. Glad that you are all settling into your new life there in So Cal. We were there (in fact, we visited Newport Beach) a year ago in Oct. when we had to go to LA to register Penny's adoption at the Thai consulate. Too bad you weren't living there, yet. We also visited Disneyland and Penny loved Minnie, too! I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Especially your older boy looks so much bigger. And it's so cute how Mia's hair is growing longer. God bless you in your new life there!

Rob & Michelle said...

I am so jealous. What a great opportunity for your family. Enjoy!

Jessica said...

Imagine my surprise when your blog showed up on my reader today. I knew I kept it on there for a reason. Thrilled you are in SoCal and blogging again!

jackie hall said...

We have missed the 3 M Train and this is the first time I have looked at it in months. Love and miss you guys. Nana and Papa