Friday, October 1, 2010

Football With a Splash of Life

Some days - no - some weeks it seems like all we do is go to football games, practices, walk-thrus, parties. But this weekend we had a full serving of football with a splash of life which makes for good times and a messy house!

Mark played several positions this weekend which is cool that the coach switched it up. I have to give Mark credit - he is so fun to watch - he's 55 pounds with his equipment - that's very likely the smallest kid on the field every Saturday. Sometimes he plays tight end and blocks people twice his size. He squares up and hits hard every time and sometimes, ends up tossed to the ground like a rag doll but he gets up and does it again. He probably won't appreciate me saying that but what I mean is, he's tough! He's also a speed demon so all he needs is a growth spurt.





Matt, on the other hand, has grown. He's strong, lean, fast and has great hands. He had 2 touch downs Sunday. One was a short run in and the other was a long pass with a long run (45 yards total). The best part of his 2nd touchdown was watching him turn to his quarterback and give him props for the perfect pass. Matt might have gotten all the glory but he knows the quarterback deserves at least half the credit. I was thankful that his head still fit in my car after such a great game. I'm so proud of him - not because he scores touchdowns - but because he really is a good kid.









This weekend we also celebrated my nephew Ellis' First Birthday! He's such a cutie and he loved all his new stuff and thought the cake was good too. Mia checked out all of Ellis' loot and then went outside with Uncle Chip. I spied on them with my zoom lens.







I also went to my niece's engagement party where the aunt of the bride is realizing how old she is... TIffani was my flower girl 16 years ago. She was 5 years old and just the cutest, sweetest little girl. She'll be 22 when she gets married next spring and I wonder where all the years went. She showed me her wedding dress pictures, talked churches, reception halls, pictures, flowers, etc. Her finance' Nick is a great guy and they are so cute together. I'm so happy for them! I guess I was exhausted from my day because I didn't take my camera...so no pictures of Tiff and Nick this time...




2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's a lot of football you've got going on there friend! Sounds like you're living life large. So glad things are good.

Maci Miller said...

What great kids you have. Sounds like you are having great weekends filled with family fun! What could be better? :-)