Chris and I signed our petition to adopt Mia today. YAY!!!
It's pretty cool to see "Mia" on a document. It's yet to appear on any, I mean, ANY piece of paper through the entire adoption process - only her birth name. The petition is pretty great - Chris, Terri, Mia, birth name all in one notarized document! Finally. Another box checked off, another step complete.
Mia is amazing! I get asked, "How is she doing?" with "the look" so often. You know "the look" if you've adopted. Everyone asks - People who have asked before, total strangers who stop me at a ballgame but have an adoption connection themselves, relatives, friends, co-workers, seems everyone is waiting on a story. You don't get one here. Well, you do - but it's a good one.
She is very well attached to family members and close friends, loves preschool, loves playgrounds, loves the phone, loves to hear herself say something new, loves to show off a new skill. She's so easy going. She loves Matt, Mark, Mommy and Daddy to pieces. Chris and I watch her sleep instead of sleeping ourselves. Her brothers must kiss her goodnight, are excited to see her after school, etc. It's all good! All sounds like very "normal" stuff, huh? Yep - it is.
Is it what I thought? Definitely not! I never imagined life this good.
4 comments:
Good to hear that all is going well with your family! :)
People often wonder if our kids relate like bio siblings.... Of course, they do... They love like siblings and they argue like siblings! They ARE siblings! :)
Hurray for official pieces of paperwork and good, good stories. At the airport, Matt couldn't remember how to spell T's name for the departure card. It was hilarious. I think I know how good it must have felt to see "Mia" in print!
Yay! Congrats on getting ready to finalize. It's so nice to make it official. I'm happy for you that things are going well. =)
Congrats! So glad it's going so great with Mia and you got that finalization out of the way. Wonderful news!
Post a Comment