This could be one of my favorite pics. Notice her bare Thai feet! Love em!
We had our first post placement visit this week. One down, two to go. 2, 4 and 6 months.
It went fine. I cleaned from top to bottom of course. I know it's not necessary but a clean, orderly home does give a better impression... The SW was very pleased to see how she is bonding with us. For those wondering about "that bottle" and "those sleeping arrangements". She suggested to keep with what we were doing for 2 more months. So while I will continue to offer a cup, she will get a bed time bottle and a bottle with water overnight as a pacifier and about 5 bottles per day of whole milk. She will continue to sleep in our bed a while longer. Some people cringe but it's ok. We are sleeping, just waking up at least 5 times a night for a few minutes. But interrupted sleep is causing us to look and feel old and tired! I think we did before, but now we really do! LOL I predict we will all be sleeping through the night in our own beds in 4 more months. We shall see!
Mia can say quite a bit and she understands what "No!" means and sometimes, she listens when I say it! LOL But I can see her thinking, with her little one sided grin and eyes, she said No! but I really want to do it.
Baseball (Matt) has started and although temps are barely above freezing, it's great to see kids throwing a baseball and swinging a bat. A sign of spring! I love little league!
Soccer (Mark) is right around the corner so this will be the true test of having 3 kids - 2 into sports and 1 who is just into everything!
6 comments:
LOL, Khye is still in my bed most nights after 6 years!!!!!!!! He did sleep all night last night in his bed though - probably only 4th time in all these years! Things are looking up for us!
Enjoy Mia in bed with you both while you can - there's nothing wrong with it - I love it!
Mia is growing. I can't believe how big she looks in these pics. She's beautiful as always. So glad one visit down!
She looks so happy and content. What a smile. Glad things are going so well. xoxo
She is so cute and I'm glad to hear that the placement visit went well!! Aren't the "co-sleeping reactions" annoying? When I get that face from people I just say, "It's an adoption thing."
Oh, she's so darn cute! Just adorable!!! Love those little bare feet, too! Ruby often takes the socks off at home and both the socks and shoes come off in the car often!
Yay for your first visit! Check one off your list! She is simply beautiful! And I'm with ya, soooo ready for Spring!
Post a Comment