Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a Circus!

This weekend was quite the circus!

First off - we have no news on the adoption. Basically, we know Holt should be getting referrals this month so we wait and try to keep busy so I do not obsess about wondering if March is our month... I thought maybe they got referrals last week because several children have updated photos and such but so far no news. Maybe this week. Who knows!

Saturday was a beautiful day here - 70s and sunny. I walked Mario, played basketball with Chris (yeah we're weird), walked through the houses for sale in our neighborhood, just chilled mostly. We ate at our favorite Chinese restaurant across town.

Chris and I went to Cirque Dreams which was an incredible show. These people have such strength and flexibility that left a lot of people saying how do they do that. I highly recommend it if it comes to your city. We had the strangest thing happen. As we're sitting there, a couple comes up to us and says Chris is in their seat. We have season tickets so we knew we were in the right spot. It turned out they sold his seat twice. Anyway - long story short - the floor manager said she had better seats for us since we held the season tickets if we wanted them. Why wouldn't we want better seats. So we hop up, go to the box office to find out they weren't better. Since the show was starting, they asked us to take the tickets and call the manager to get a refund on the show. Boy were we pissed. So we "stewed" through the first act. At intermission we were discussing how ticked we were. Low and behold this little girl (4 year old Clark) started chatting it up with us. I saw her walk from the bartender area to our row, sat by herself in an empty seat and watched the first act. Didn't take a genius to figure out the bartender was her mom and she didn't have a sitter. Clark was a trip, a bundle of energy, talked our ears off, made us forget how mad we were, etc. She had the greatest smile and laugh and the coolest braids I've ever seen. So she watched the 2nd act with us. She stood up at one point and started walking around - right as I was about to tell her she had to sit down, she plopped herself in my lap... OM every intelligent bone in me said get this stranger's kid out of her lap but she was so cute, I couldn't be mean. Obviously, she just wanted to see better or wanted someone to lean on. Anyway - I couldn't move her. At one point she yelled zebras when the giraffes came out. Chris and I laughed so hard. We had a great laugh after too - like what was that night about???

It's funny - I stress so much about attachment and all that and here's a kid who just walked up to us in this huge auditorium and we connected immediately. I hope we're that lucky with M.

Sunday we discovered a great new pizza place. J Train in Southern Indiana is great! NY Style Pizza - we sat outside with Mario and the boys. It felt like we were on vacation. The only difference was we got to come home and sleep in our own beds!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Where, oh where, are those March referrals. As antsy as I am, I can imagine the agony is ten-fold for you. Glad you had good distractions this weekend.

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope you get news soon.
Julie