April 4, 2008
This is my life -
Several years ago my dad brought home hand carved cedar chests from Honduras. We used 2 of them for the boy's keepsakes. Two years ago the boys decided they were going to look through the stuff in them - ultrasound pictures, favorite baby clothes, hospital gowns and bracelets, the usual. I thought this was so cute until Matt's birthday when I went to look at his little preemie outfits and found out...They locked the chests and misplaced a key. I looked for hours and hours in every corner of our house for this key. Emptied every toy bin, drawer, box, etc. They claimed they locked the other key in the chest.
Last month we decide we're going to bunk their beds. I look throughout every corner of my house for the bunk bed hardware that we packed up when we moved houses. This took about 8 hours or so. I look for these items after we tear apart the beds (of course) only to have to put them all back together unbunked!!! I was thrilled...
I finally get around to taking the chests to a locksmith after hours of trying to find a key that fits, pick the lock myself, etc. I make a silent prayer that it's not filled with half eaten chicken nuggets or anything else embarassing as I'm sure the lock people are going to look through it.
We bring them home I eat the only key that fits the chests anymore (the one they locked in the chest) so this won't happen again. I'm looking through the items oohing and aahing and low and behold what's this???
A plastic bag with the bunk bed hardware in it. Are you kidding me??? Well, of course, we have to bunk the beds RIGHT NOW... So we bunk the beds and the room looks much better.
Last night, Mark is watching TV from the top bunk and leans a little too far. YEP - he falls out. We ask him what he hit, my back, hand and foot. We ask him if anything hurts - "yeah my back, hand and foot" Nothing is broken, he's not paralized, we threaten to take down the bunk beds...
Just another day in the life of our house.
Friday, April 4, 2008
My Life with Two Boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment