Friday, February 17, 2012

Thai Embassy

Today we registered at the Thai Embassy. Basically, this took 5 minutes - sign this, sign that, here's this, here's that. Is it important? Absolutely... This step ensures the great country of Thailand that the cute little couple that came to Thailand to adopt that cute little girl still have her months later (or years in our case) - basically, we didn't bring her back and give her to someone else.


Signed, sealed, closed adoption file.

What I didn't expect? Mia's original birth certificate... Wow - that kind of blew me away. I mean, this piece of paper was touched, held, maybe contemplated, by Mia's birthmother. What a wonderful piece of her history to have.

How cute are we???



About 4 years ago, I "met" this great blogger who lived a few minutes from our California family. We met Jessica and Matt face to face 3 years ago while we were California Dreamin' on vacation to visit our family and just loved them as we knew we would. We followed one another's adoption blogs, waited patiently and sometimes, not so patiently, together throughout the entire journey. Chris and I now live about 15 minutes from them in California - dreamin' no more.

How ironic is this? They were registering their son the same day. So while we've both undergone a long adoption process with 2 different timelines, in 2 different states and we had our file transferred from Chicago to Los Angeles which took some time, we end up with the same appointment day. How crazy! So lucky - so we went to lunch in Thai town and enjoyed the bakery, bookstore and grocery together. Here are our 2 beautiful toddlers who just love each other and Pocky sticks. I'm not opposed to long term arrangements... if you know what I mean... My boys think Gavin is pretty cool too and likewise.

Soooo stinking cute!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So glad we met. So glad you moved to CA!