Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Matt Update

So I was thinking as I drove Matt home from the doctor - it's Wednesday, June 17th in Thailand. I hope my baby's picture is being passed around a table full of people with smiles and hope for this little baby's future (or whatever it is "they" do to approve a referral to be sent to the US). It would be awesome if somehow that file could make it to the US by Friday and the phone calls be made before the weekend. What a great Father's Day gift for all those waiting Dads!

There was a brand new baby in the waiting room with the name of Maya - also one of my favorites - and so close to Mia. The little girl was swaddled in a baby blue blanket and I wondered if the ultrasound was wrong. Funny how I think of goofy stuff like that. A little India girl made me think of a mom who is waiting for her daughter's travel approval. I hope she gets it soon - seems like she's been waiting FOREVER!!! She was SO cute - telling everyone Hi with a crooked wave.

Back to Matt - his CBC numbers look good but the swelling has gotten worse so we're focusing on ice and elevating for another day or so before we go back. It's so strange that a puncture wound can cause this much swelling esp since the wound is fine - cleaned it immediately and did the gauze/neosporin thing so it's ok. The infection is IN the foot if that makes sense without pictures.

As far as the baseball team goes, Matt wouldn't ask the doctor if he could play since asking means the doc could say No. LOL - he's so smart. But with all the rain we've had, the tournament is pushed back 2 days - causing us to play on Saturday and final game on Monday. So now the problem for the baseball teams will be who is scheduled on vacation or summer camp since the season and tournament should have been over by Saturday. Aaah - love the rain!!! But I think baseball teams being short a player or two will be low on the list this week and next...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad that your Matt is better. We've been out of town, so I have to tell you, I was blog stalking you from my Matt's phone. I guess "late" June is really code for July, huh?

Chris and Terri said...

ew you might be right!!!